- Created on Friday, 16 August 2013 06:11
- Written by -
- Category: statements
- Hits: 3295
It is with great regret that on Wednesday morning of the ongoing Shawal month of the current year of 1434 in the Islamic country of Egypt, the military, security organs and police raided the settlements of peaceful demonstrators in the capital Cairo and dispersed crowds from two large bases with indiscriminate fire who had gathered for the past two months in protest to condemn the ouster of constitutionally and nationally elected President Muhammad Morsi and did not accept the government which came about in the coupe d’etat!
The security apparatus opened indiscriminate fire from morning till dusk time on the peaceful protesters who were sleeping in their tents without any prior warning. This inhumane and unwarranted attack resulted in the martyrdom of around two thousand and six hundred peaceful protestors including women, children and the elderly only in the camps of An-Nahdah and Rabi’a al ‘Aduweya while thousands were also wounded and hundreds arrested, according to the tally of the demonstrators. Hundreds of other protestors in other provinces of Egypt who condemned this action of the military and government have also been brutally martyred.
The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, besides strongly condemning this inhumane and unethical action, calls on the Egyptian military and government to stop spilling the blood of innocent women, children and elderly and it must pave the way for the return of constitutionally elected president to stop the situation from spiraling further out of control.
The Islamic Emirate also calls on the United Nations, Islamic Conference, notable scholars on international level as well as the international community to not be satisfied with only condemning this barbaric incident but they should take practical steps to the best of their abilities in order to avoid the arrest and bloodshed of more innocent people because if the situation remains as is, not only will it harm the people and nation of Egypt but it shall have an adverse effect both regionally and globally.
The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
- 2 vehicles destroyed in attack on base
- Commander and 3 gunmen wounded in attack
- 2 APCs destroyed in Sangin, 15 killed and wounded
- Tactical bomb blast kills 4 police, wounds 3
- Rocket attack on Herat airbase destroys aircraft, kills 4
- Nawa blast kills 3 gunmen, wounds 2
- Vehicle and 3 fuel trucks destroyed in ambush
- US-nato tank blown apart in Daman
- APC destroyed in Khan-e-Sheen, 4 police killed
- Fighting ongoing in Sangin
- Infighting in Balchiragh leaves 3 gunmen dead
- Hireling police officer killed in Nawa
- Arbaki killed in Jalrez
- Gunman killed, mid-ranking officer detained
- Base attacked in Chapa Dara, 3 killed and wounded